This dessert contains no added sugar. I repeat, NO ADDED SUGAR! And I promise you, you’re not even going to be able to tell, I would not lie to you. I have made some “desserts” that Kyle and I thought were sweet and delicious but my family found bitter and “not good” (um rude!). But this is not one, these brownies are so awesome and sweet you’d think they were no good for ya!
These brownies are sweetened with only dates, and while I love dates I know not everyone appreciates their mushiness. However, the flavor of the dates does not come through the recipe and is pretty overrun by all the chocolate. So if you dont like dates, you will still love these!
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
7.5 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1.5 Cups Whole, Pitted Dates
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheight.
2) In a blender, or food processor, add your cocoa powder and baking soda, then break up the baking chocolate into sections you think your blender can handle. My blender is a gentle soul so I broke it up into single squares. Then begin pulsing until you have done all the chocolate and it resembles a flour with clumps no bigger than the size of half a pea.
3) Now you need to do the same with the dates. Because my blender cant handle a lot I removed my chocolate mixture and pulsed the dates alone in the blender. Then I added all 3 eggs and pulsed again for a few seconds.
4) Now add back in your mixture of chocolate and baking soda as well as the vanilla and blend until smooth.
5) In an 8×8 greased dish spread out the mixture which will be fairly thick and delicious and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean!